Old Age Support
Old Age Support (You Gui Wan)
Herbal Creatures™ Old Age Support is a high potency formula containing herbs traditionally used to treat age-related symptoms representing a decline in body function.
A blend of herbs used for:
- Fatigue, lethargy, decreased activity
- Aversion to cold, cold extremities
- Impotence, low sperm count, urinary incontinence
- Weakness of the back and limbs, peripheral oedema of the rear legs
How it works
How it works
Old Age Support is based on a Chinese herbal formula called You Gui Wan, used to warm and invigorate bodily function and support the body through the aging process.
The formula has demonstrated immunostimulant, adaptogenic, cognitive, antiplatelet and hepatoprotective effects. The key ingredient, Radix Rehmanniae Praeparata is antihypertensive, anti-inflammatory, anticholesterolaemic, cardiotonic, adrenal tonic, hepatoprotective, hypotensive, anti-ageing and is a cerebral blood flow stimulant. It is one of the most valuable herbs in TCM and is present in this formula at a large dose.
Veterinary clinical applications include Equine Cushing’s disease, infertility, impotence, nephritic syndrome, chronic nephritis, diabetes mellitus, canine hypothyroidism and Addison’s disease.
Fructus Lycii Preparatum
Chao Gou Qi Zi
Rhizoma Diosscoreae Preparatum
Chao Shan Yao
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
Radix Aconiti Lateralis Preparata
Zhi Fu Zi
Cornu Cervi Pantotrichum
Lu Jiao Jiao
Shan Zhu Yu
Radix Rehmanniae Preparatum
Shu Di Huang
Tu Si Zi
Directions for use
Take 3 spoons (9 grams) once daily in wet food.
Acute symptoms: Take 3 spoons (9 grams), 3 times daily in wet food.
- For all ages and weights, an extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
- Always consult with a qualified veterinary practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your veterinary practitioner.
Chen, John K et al (Chinese Herbal Formulas for Veterinarians), 2012; 539-543.
Reid, Tony (Black Pearl̴å¬ Pill Range Clinical Guide 4th Ed), 2012; 174-175.